Network Monitor 3.3 introduces the Experts menu. This feature allows you to run external analysis tools on an open capture file.
This page is points you to these useful “Experts” for your data analysis needs within Network Monitor. Also provided here is the Expert SDK. More information on Experts can be found
Experts can only be invoked from Network Monitor 3.3 Beta and later versions. To install the latest version of Network Monitor please click
. To install an Expert, download the appropriate MSI for your platform from one of the following Expert Download pages. Then, on any new capture you open with Network Monitor, you will see the
new Expert available to run on your capture. Experts should also provide specific help on their usage from within the Experts menu.
tab for more information on the Expert SDK. This SDK contains examples as well as reusable code for parsing the command line and building expert MSIs.
- 03/03/2011 - NMTopProtocols Installer Uploaded
- 02/09/2011 - NMTopProtocols Released (Code only right now)
- 02/09/2011 - Experts Moved to the
- 03/08/2010 - NmDecrypt Expert Released
- 08/13/2009 - Checkout the NMCap tool NetWiz
- 06/22/2009 - MSR releases TCP Analyzer, added link below.
- 05/28/2009 - Released Network Monitor Help C Examples
Available Experts in the Outercurve Foundation:
- NmDecrypt When given a trace with encrypted frames, a security certificate, and a passkey will create a new trace with decrypted frames added inline.
- Top Users Lets you determine the heaviest users of network bandwidth.
- Top Protocols Lets you determine distribution of protocols.
Other Community Experts:
These experts are not associated with the Outercurve Foundation. But in the spirit of increasing our community we've included links to some other experts.
- TCP Analyzer This tool analyzes network traces of Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) connections.
- Simple Search Lets you search frames and comments for raw ASCII text case-insensitively or with regular expressions.
The following programs are useful tools which use the Network Monitor API, but don't integrate with the Experts Menu.
- NetWiz Provides a wizard type interface to build and execute NMCap command lines.
- VRTA The Visual Round Trip Analyzer tool helps web developers and testers visualize the download of their page, identify best practices
and changes that improve web performance.
- If you have an expert which you think has wide appeal, please feel free to contact us, and we can talk about giving you a link here.