This page contains a list of ideas for possible Expert analysis tools.
The Network Monitor API is written in C, but provides a basic C# wrapper. Therefore most Experts are written in C or C#. Even in C# though, having a knowledge of C pointers is useful when developing experts; however, with the current Experts available there
are plenty of available examples of using most existing API functions.
- Response Time Checker (Across Stack)
- Difficulty: Easy (raw data), Medium (graphical display)
- Analyze response times for a user specified protocol layer.
- Network Sequence Diagrams
- Difficulty: Medium
- Graphical display of Network Messages passing between two or more machines for a user specified protocol layer and/or across layers.
- Comparison of Traces
- Difficulty: Hard
- Graphical comparison of two Network Traces. Looking for common or differentiating patterns in network data, messages, and intent.