Unable to compile the example experts on Visual Studio 2010 ultimate

Jun 30, 2010 at 5:30 AM
You cannot vote on your own postHi,

I'm a linux programmer and a newbie at Windows programming using VS. I'm trying to develop an expert for Netmon 3.4. I dowloaded the example SDK and followed the setup instructions according to the document. I installed the strawberry perl and the WiX tool-set (3.5 in my case). When I try to do a debug build the compilation goes fine and I can execute the program too. But whenever I try build the solution in release mode, I get the following error:

Error    1    The command "cd C:\Users\CodeMonkeyJD\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ExpertSDK\ExpertExample\
cd ..\ExpertMSI
LaunchMSIBuilder.cmd Release x64 "C:\Users\CodeMonkeyJD\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ExpertSDK\ExpertExample\settings.txt" "C:\Users\CodeMonkeyJD\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ExpertSDK\ExpertExample\bin\x64\Release\" "ExpertExample.exe" "C:\Users\CodeMonkeyJD\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ExpertSDK\ExpertExample\msi\ExpertExample_x64.msi"" exited with code 255.    ExpertExample

Can somebody help me in getting my setup correct? My system details are : Win 7 x64, VS 2010 Ultimate, Netmon 3.4 x64.

I had a feeling that the documentation provided with the project was for VS 2008. It will be great if somebody can upload an example project from VS2010.

Thanks,

JD

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Hi JD,

Sorry to hear you were having some trouble.  Looks like Paul's already jumped in on your forum post: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/netmon/thread/f0d025f0-ad9e-46de-a3cb-3041d92b089c

Please let us know if you're having any other troubles and point us to your tool when you get it published!

Michael