TCP Analyzer

May 13, 2013 at 8:02 PM
When I run TCP analyzer for a given application/program shown in network conversations, e.g. iexplorer.exe, it only seems to select/show statistics for the first TCP 'conversation' listed under it. I wanted to be able to find the stats (provided in TCP analyzer) for all of the traffic under iexplorer.exe (on 'My Traffic) and/or at least choose another TCP conversation that falls under it. I can't seem to get it to do either...

And/or is there another expert that provides high level summary stats (able to sort out by application running)? By high level summary stats I mean total number of bits received, transmitted etc. ( the numbers provided at top of TCP analyzer).

Thanks.
May 14, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Conner1 there are many tools but what exact your requirement about data transmission means platform etc.
May 14, 2013 at 2:24 PM
You can only run the expert on a single TCP conversation. If you select a different conversation in the conversation tree, or right click one of the frames in the conversation you are interested in and Find Conversation->TCP, the expert will run based on that selected conversation.

We don't have a tool to give a high level analysis of all the TCP messages. I'm not aware of a Network Monitor expert that does this.

Paul