General Network Monitor API Questions

Coordinator
Apr 21, 2009 at 11:32 PM
Have questions about the Network Monitor API?  Please post them here.
May 10, 2009 at 3:21 AM

Hello,

I have been unable to find the right place to post this so here goes..

I don't see the "Experts" menu item on the 64Bit version of Net mon, can you explain to me how to enable this so that I can try out the 2 plug-ins that are available?

Thank you,

Stephen

Coordinator
May 11, 2009 at 6:00 PM

Hi Stephen,

The Experts menu is only available on saved captures.  If you've just captured some traffic, you'll have to save it to a file first and then open it.

Once opened, you should see the Experts menu at the top.  If you've already installed the Experts available here, you should see those as well.  Otherwise, just the "Download Experts" link which will take you here.

Hope that helps.  If you're still having trouble, don't hesitate to let us know.  We should have a general Network Monitor forum up on TechNet soon.

Thanks,

Michael

May 11, 2009 at 7:37 PM
Hey Michael,

I figured it out, by reading the documentation...go figure...:) I had a mental block that said the experts would be on the menu for real time scenarios.. works like a champ! 

Thank you,
Stephen

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 11:00 AM, MichaelHawker <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Stephen,

The Experts menu is only available on saved captures.  If you've just captured some traffic, you'll have to save it to a file first and then open it.

Once opened, you should see the Experts menu at the top.  If you've already installed the Experts available here, you should see those as well.  Otherwise, just the "Download Experts" link which will take you here.

Hope that helps.  If you're still having trouble, don't hesitate to let us know.  We should have a general Network Monitor forum up on TechNet soon.

Thanks,

Michael

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (NMExperts@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email NMExperts@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 25, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Hey Michael,

Does the Expert SDK work with Visual Studio 2010 Express Edition and also do you know if the Wix Toolkit will work in that same version of Visual Studio.

Thanks for your time,

- Brandon

Coordinator
May 26, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Hi Brandon,

The SDK should be able to be imported into VS 2010, we don't really do anything super special with VS.  Not sure of the build support in the express addition, but that's just a nice addition we add to automatically build the MSI when you run in release mode, if it doesn't work for some reason then you can do that step manually on the commandline with the included scripts if need be.

For WiX it's also indepedent of VS.  Just make sure you download the older v2 binary zip and not the Votive .msi file and just point your settings.txt file to the path where you unzipped it.

If you're having troubles or have other questions, please don't hesitate to ask! 

Happy to help,
Michael